Choosing furniture to decorate the room, it depends on what style you want your room or house to look like. Today Kuramochi Showroom has the answers for you to read.
Key highlights of Thai-style houses
1. High roof is the roof shape that has been widely used since the past to the present. And may be called a roof shape that helps with cooling. With best drainage of rainwater, due to the average annual climate in Thailand is about 70% summer and the rest is the wet season. The design of the house, especially the roof that acts as a sunproof and rainproof roof, plays an important role in ensuring the smooth and comfortable living of the house throughout the year.
2. The house is raised or has a basement under the house, a semi-indoor and outdoor area with shade but the wind blowing through. Therefore, suitable for the climate of Thailand that is hot and humid Like in the afternoon, there will be plenty of sunlight. Causing the area above the house to be quite hot in the past, Thais often came down to do various activities in the basement of the house, such as sitting and relaxing, receiving guests, doing handicrafts. And raising animals Importantly, raising the basement will provide ventilation. Causing the wind to blow through the basement and the house also helps to block the sun.
3. Wood mixed with cement. Originally, the wooden house will have a classic Thai style. But nowadays, wooden houses and cement are popular. Due to cost savings the house has a cement structure and a wooden component. Or can be a combination of cement and wood perfectly and still being strong Durable in any environment.
4. Set of altar table, Buddhism is the national religion of Thailand and is something that binds our minds. Many people at home have an altar table or Buddha room, by prohibiting the altar table located at the foot of the bedroom and should be placed in a suitable position. Which makes us feel at ease and to help enhance the prosperity of the residents.
5. Wood carving is another highlight of Thai home decoration for a long time. Which whenever it brings wood as part of the decoration It will make us feel like we are closer to nature. We can decorate the wall with wood lath. And beautiful carved wood, that tells the story of the various Thai culture.
6. Choose home furnishings and accessories, such as silk pillows or linens and bed cabinets made of various wood. May be decorated with Thai pattern carvings to add more playfulness. In addition, at present, Thai-style houses are not just old-fashioned houses, as many people think, because we can decorate Thai-style houses combined with other styles to make them look more modern, such as Thai-Modern, etc. Choose to use traditional Thai furniture and decorations mixed with modern style arrangement. Just like this, your Thai-style house will look more modern.
Key highlights of Japanese-style houses
1. Focus on nature, because Japanese people value naturalness a lot. Therefore, wood is often involved in designing and decorating. Whether in the structural aspects that often use wood for floors, walls, doors, windows, or the decoration that often uses wood for partitions, furniture and small items the most popular types of wood used in the home are bamboo, maple, hinoki, hemlock, and red pine.
2. Emphasize the earth tones. Another key element of Japanese home design is earth tone colors. There are 3 popular Japanese color schemes: brown from wood, green coming from the trees, and the gray color that comes from the stone tiles Therefore, if anyone wants to design and decorate the house to have a Japanese touch Try to mix these tones together. Choose a shade of furniture that is not too different. Then focus on special effects on the surface of the material such as woodworking or weaving Instead of being boring.
3. Few decorations but it has a lot of functions Japanese-style houses tend to not have a lot of furniture. Unlike most Thai homes, there is always a wealth of belongings and furniture. So, if anyone is going to decorate a Japanese-style house Keep in mind the use by choosing furniture that has a variety of functions, simple design, minimal details, and natural materials. As for the placement, try to be in groups, not scattered, there is room for corridors, such as arranged in corners or placed against a wall.
4. Open a hole for light to pass through. Whether it is a small house or a big house. The Japanese-style home interior design mainly focuses on openness and comfort. Which is an important factor in the opening of the house to allow natural light. An easy way is to use large windows around the house. Perforating the ceiling for skylights and simple transparent curtains.
5. Sliding door is an important item. Most Japanese-style homes come with sliding doors or shoji doors, as Japanese homes have space restrictions. Therefore, had to turn to use sliding doors to help save the living space. It also allows transparency, not blocking the view and not blocking light. Mostly, authentic shoji doors are made of wood frames and translucent paper. But nowadays, it has been applied to fit more modern times. Therefore, popularly made from wooden frames and glass with a wooden square inside instead.
6. The entrance to the house is an important part. Another thing that a Japanese-style house must have is the shoe room, or Genkan, which is located at the entrance to the house. It is a room for storing shoes and changing shoes before entering the house. Most of the atmosphere is a simple, open and bright wooden room, most importantly, clean and full of shoe storage cabinets. Also known as getabako.